Implements a hierarchical layout using the indent algorithm. This layout implements a node-link diagram where the nodes are presented in preorder traversal, and nodes are indented based on their depth from the root. This technique is used ubiquitously by operating systems to represent file directories; although it requires much vertical space, indented trees allow efficient interactive exploration of trees to find a specific node. In addition they allow rapid scanning of node labels, and multivariate data such as file sizes can be displayed adjacent to the hierarchy.
The indent layout can be configured using the depth and breadth properties, which control the increments in pixel space for each indent and row in the layout. This layout does not support multiple orientations; the root node is rendered in the top-left, while breadth is a vertical offset from the top, and depth is a horizontal offset from the left.
|Constructor Attributes||Constructor Name and Description|
Constructs a new, empty indent layout.
|Field Attributes||Field Name and Description|
The vertical offset between nodes; defaults to 15.
Default properties for indent layouts.
The horizontal offset between different levels of the tree; defaults to 15.
- Fields borrowed from class pv.Layout.Network:
- label, link, node
- Fields borrowed from class pv.Panel:
- canvas, children, overflow, transform
- Fields borrowed from class pv.Bar:
- fillStyle, height, lineWidth, strokeStyle, width
- Fields borrowed from class pv.Mark:
- bottom, childIndex, cursor, data, events, index, left, parent, proto, reverse, right, root, scale, title, top, type, visible
- Methods borrowed from class pv.Layout.Network:
- Methods borrowed from class pv.Panel:
- add, anchor
- Methods borrowed from class pv.Mark:
- anchorTarget, def, event, extend, margin, mouse, render